I’d first like say that I’m in Edinburgh Scotland and that I’m sitting out a windowsill at night in the heart of the city writing this. How much more romantic does it get? I feel a new energy to write and to create and be creative. The taxis are all zooming along taking people to and from the clubs and other hotspots of Edinburgh’s nightlife. The city looks just like it was pulled right out of an illustrated book (that was drawn well) filled with gothic and baroque buildings and the streets are bloody cobblestone! I’ve really wanted to start up writing on a regular basis and though nothings come to me yet I could get truly inspired here I think. Just imagine… I feel like I’m living out of a book right now: a young, finished with school, goes out abroad and out on his own for the first time (if he was to be completely honest) and here I am where everything looks like a castle, a church, or a pub. I haven’t done much yet, went to the national museum of Scotland and walked around town a bit but I find the most amusing encounters I’ve had thus far is how everything (connected to the modern world) is the same as in the states but different and its fine to know what to expect like different outlets, a separate toilet from the bathroom, hanging the laundry out to dry (in a perpetually wet country?) slightly different wording for almost everything, and an on/off switch for EVERYTHING! But it’s nice to not be use to the normal for once. This truly is a ramble about what’s just up with me while I’m in Scotland but what the hey. I’ll continue to post updates when the muse strikes me.
McCalaster out!
No comments:
Post a Comment