I found this while rummaging through old papers looking for inspiration. It's an old poem I wrote while I was distracted during a class. I think, if my memory serves me well, it's based off a dream I had the night before. But I think the poem is suppose and is best read while laying down and speaking with your therapist. The poem has no title so i will give it one on the spot. enjoy.
MONDAY MORNINGS
All right fine
I'm naked
I woke up in bed at sunrise
My chest lay open
My rib cage open
To lay my organs bare
My heart
Numb to the touch
I'm cold
So I hang clothes from my shoulders
The clothes are even colder
My heart visibly beating at the fabric through my chest
I go outside and back inside an office building
There are people and my heart makes a break for it
Fluttering away and bursting through my button up shirt
It's escape is halted by the main arteries still unwillingly clinging to my body
A colleague walks by with coffee
I know because I am breathing in the aroma
But only through my exposed naked lungs
My heart is inexplicably in his coffee
Startled
The mug drops and shatters
My heart thumps like a fish
Gasping on the coffee soaked floor
The mug repairs its self and flies back to his hand
He asks
"why aren't you wearing your pants?"
"couldn't find them"
"they're in your hands"
No comments:
Post a Comment